Monday, August 6, 2007

Commissions and Things...


Way back when I first started really getting a feel for drawing, spending most of my time doing fan art of a few of my favorite t.v. shows and video games at the time and heavily admiring the artwork of other artist's who's skill and talent surpassed me, I discovered not only a fandom that enjoyed my work (I drew a lot of dragons at this point too...) but a term I had never heard before - commissions.

So that's the short end of the story on how I got snared into doing a vast majority of commission work for a vast array of people with equally as unique characters. Very few, if any, were human. Most were more anthropomorphic or animals - real or fantasy wise. For years, this remained my only theme that I stuck to when I'd draw, but recently I've been trying to break that habit.

Even so, here are a few pieces of recent work that are some of my better ones, over the years:

Kittimer - This was one of the bigger commissions I've ever received. And tough too - considering I never drew foxes before, let alone a half-human one. But after many (many) revisions and tweaking - this was the result.






Gepard - This one was an exchange for someone paying for my account on a game I frequent often online (nasty habit, those things...). In return, I was offering a single character commission and this was the result. It remains one of my few favorite pieces among the huge pile of commission work I've done.











I've done a lot of commissions, from small to large and it's a pass time I don't think I'll ever give up. I greatly enjoy getting a chance to draw someone's character - no matter how simple or unusual it may be.

For more commission work done by me, including much older artwork, visit: http://zeralia.deviantart.com

Of course, not all the work I do is commission based. I do do some of my own artwork, although lately it's taken a back seat after I got swamped with my retail job and commissions. But just before C-ACE and AC rolled around, I was able to pull these two together - Honovi, the deer centaur (pictured above) and Nexi, my anthropomorphic hippogryph:

No comments: