Sunday, March 18, 2007

Character Sketches and Concepts


I’ve gathered quite the army of character concepts over the past few years. A lot of them I haven’t drawn in awhile, but I’ve decided to post a few of the concept sketches I do have available. A lot of them have a bit of a story behind them too, which I'll explain briefly.

Honovi - A deer centaur creation of mine that I did for one of my design finals in College. The sketch of him here, however, is a more redo.

Nyrv - Another redo of a character that was to be part of my independent film. I scrapped that, but for some reason I kept an old drawing of her around.

Emkela - Very old character of mine. She's gone over so many design changes and name changes, I don't think I could possibly remember them all. There's quite the story hooked into her too. There will be a lot more (completed) drawings of her cropping up here soon.

J'sek - One of my newer creations. He's a character inspired from the books 'The Dragonrider's of Pern' by Anne McCaffrey. I also actually play this character on a text-based game called Leading Edge. Pretty geeky, isn't it?

But that's what's fun about him. The image to the right are just a few rough concepts I have. I'm still trying to get the right look for him. This is almost it, but it still has it's problems.



Horse Feathers - Another recent creation of mine and another weird hybrid. This time I was more or less inspired by Pan's Labyrinth and as a result I created this. She's part Kudu, part horse, part...plant. And I suppose moth. I've a few kinks to work out, mainly with her living armor, but she's definately a fun, strange, thing to draw.

No comments: