Sunday, March 18, 2007

An Introduction of sorts...

I suppose the first thing I should do is a quick blurb of an introduction to explain exactly what this blog is about and what’s to come. Basically, this is for me to post my creations – animation, art or craft wise. Some of it will be random things, maybe a sketch I’ve doodled somewhere or some concept I’m currently working on. Most of this blog will consist of my portfolio work. That is, at least, until I figure out HTML coding and get back to work on that website I’ve been talking about for, oh… four or five years now? In which case all my portfolio stuff will be uploaded there, but until now, this will be its home.

Anyways, the name ‘Mythos and Bones’ is something I randomly came up with. I was trying to figure out a good theme and title that would suit me at least somewhat. And what better then two things I love the most - mythology and bones (or to be really technical, it’s antlers and animal skulls…but that’s beside the point).

So before I continue rambling on and on, I’ll just make this nifty little list of the next posts to come, which are all portfolio related in one way or another. After this post there should be:

*Life Drawing – Gestures and Long Poses
*Animal Studies
*Character Studies
*Character Sketches/Concepts
*Layout Concepts

Unfortunately, due to my lack of good judgment, I lost my animation files after my computer died a year or so ago. Lesson learned: always make sure you actually made that backup disk that your sleep addled brain though you did … which you didn’t and only realized this while half way through reformatting. But I’ve various projects in mind and I’ll of course be posting them here!

And now…on with the actual artwork!

No comments: