Sunday, March 18, 2007

Character Studies - Zeralia

Zeralia is the only character, so far, that I've recently worked on and have various stages of concepts to show for it. I've finally settled on a "final" design for her, yet I'm bound to redo her again in a few years. In any case, here are the stages of her 'evolution' so to speak:


First Concepts - All sketched on my Wacom tablet. This was the design I stuck with for the longest time. I played around in a few drawings as well, although one remains incomplete and the other was just for fun.


Second Concepts - Here I started manipulating her anatomy a little more and sketched a few concepts out until I found a second design I prefered over the first. And unlike the first concept, I did these by hand.


Third and Final Concept - After doing some quick animal studies and going over (and over) the last concept I did, I worked out a few issues I had with the old version and wound up with this one and one that I still am okay with today. Not as complicated as before, which is definately a plus.



And that's the 'evolution' of Zeralia, which is about roughly three or so years in the making now. I had long pauses between concepts and hopefully now that I've settled on one, I'll draw her more.

No comments: